We’ve got lots to do in Greensboro – look at the online Greensboro Visitors Guide and don’t forget about Blues Week, May 14 – 20
To help us achieve a laid-back, hassle-free atmosphere at the Carolina Blues Festival, here are a few basics:
• The Carolina Blues Festival will be held at BARBER PARK. Barber Park has a beautiful amphitheatre and is just 3 miles east of Downtown Greensboro.
• Please do bring lawn chairs, folding chairs, blankets or beach towels for General Admission ticket holders. Chairs will be provided for Gold Circle Ticket Holders.
• Flash photography is allowed.
• Coolers, outside alcohol, food or beverage
• Threatening signs or apparel
• Laser pointers
• Audio recording equipment /pro cameras / video equipment
• Knives or weapons of any kind
• Frisbees or beach balls
• Portable structures or large umbrellas
• Glass containers of any kind
• Backpacks or large bags (personal items will be inspected prior to entrance to festival)
• Littering (Please use the recycling bins and proper trash receptacles)
• Selfie Sticks
• Drones or unmanned remote control vehicles
• Please do not smoke in the audience. (This includes Vaporizers) Wander over an uninhabited spot to smoke and put the butt in the trash. Please.
• We serve beer and wine at the festival (don’t forget your ID) and we have a wide assortment of vendors with good food and unique crafts.
• Children 12 and under are free, but must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
• Keep yourselves and your families hydrated and covered in sunblock.
• Wristbands are non-transferable and must be intact on your wrist at all times.
• All patrons and belongings may be subject to search upon entry or reentry to the festival grounds.
• By ordinance of the Fire Marshal, smoking is prohibited under the tents.
Most importantly, please enjoy yourself!
Grounds: Be sure to bring lawn chairs or festival chairs. GOLD CIRCLE TICKET HOLDERS WILL HAVE CHAIRS PROVIDED.
• Free parking will be available the Hayes-Taylor YMCA on Florida Street, near Barber Park, and at the Joint Nanotechnology Center at Gate City Blvd. and Florida Streets.
• Paid Parking is available at Barber Park for $5.00 a car.
Re-Entry: You will be able to leave the festival area and be re-admitted with your ticket/wristband.
Refreshments and Merchandise The following items will be for sale at the Carolina Blues Festival:
Food: A selection of awesome food trucks and other food vendors will be on hand offering a wide variety of delicious foods including vegan, vegetarian, and dessert options.
Drinks: The Piedmont Blues Preservation Society will once again serve fresh-brewed draught beer and ale from Natty Greene’s Brewing Company, plus select beers from R.H. Barringer Distributing.
The PBPS is proud to have Grove Winery as our official wine vendor for the Festival. Enjoy Grove’s exceptional, award winning wines and “have some reds and whites with your blues!”
Soft drinks and bottled water will also be available.
Event happens Rain or Shine under the big tents, NO REFUNDS on ticket purchases.
We’ll have our Carolina Blues Festival t-shirts, as well as other PBPS shirts and a variety of souvenirs. We are including Arts and Crafts Vendors this year to make your experience more enjoyable, so don’t forget the credit card!!
Musical Artists will be selling their CD’s and other Merchandise. Don’t forget the credit card!!